Meet Dr. Wooddell
Your gentle dentist located in Annandale, VA
Dr. J. Douglas Wooddell grew up in the Washington D.C. area and graduated from University of Maryland Dental School in 1985. Soon thereafter, he moved to Virginia to open his office in Annandale. For the past 30-plus years, he has continued to build his practice by providing quality, caring service for his patients.
Dr. Wooddell is a member of the Millenium Dental Study Club, the Northern Virginia Dental Society, the Northern Virginia Implant Society, the Virginia Dental Association, and the American Dental Association. He is regularly ranked as a top dentist in both the Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. areas, by several local publications and organizations.
In his spare time, Dr. Wooddell enjoys cooking and going to the beach. He especially enjoys spending time with his wife, Carol, and their two children.
About the practice
Comprehensive dental care is the backbone of our patient treatment and is a significant part of our office philosophy. Dr. Wooddell believes that it is very important to thoroughly examine a patient’s entire mouth, gums, and surrounding areas in order to provide a treatment plan that allows for complete and comprehensive care of the entire mouth as an important part of your body, not just a separate entity. After performing a complete examination, Dr. Wooddell will be able to suggest and discuss a treatment plan that is individualized for each patient. It is our goal to educate our patients as much as possible so that they can best understand the treatment that we recommend and therefore make the best possible decision about their treatment choices.
Our Office Mission is to:
- Provide the absolute highest quality treatment with a gentle touch, in a comfortable setting.
- Treat each of our patients as individuals, with respect, dignity, and care.
- Promote long-term relationships with our patients through the quality of our care and through patient education.
- Provide one-on-one treatment; we do not double-book patients because we want to take all the time that’s necessary to treat our patients and focus on treating one person at a time.
- Attain a level of service that will strive toward 100% patient satisfaction.
Washingtonian Magazine “Top Dentists in D.C. Area” 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 (awarded every two years)
Northern Virginia Magazine “Top Dentists – Northern Virginia” 2012-2017
Washington Consumers Checkbook Magazine “Top-Rated Dentists” 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018
Virginia Living Magazine “Virginia’s Best Dentists” 2008-2017